The recent flood incident in Malaysia has created permanent damages in terms of losing personal belongings ,and destruction of houses which affected the living quality of many people. Even more dreadfully several of them lost their lives to the flood.
Malaysia is known for being a tropical country with some occasional rainy days. According to weather reports, November to February are the rainy seasons in Malaysia and it is typical to expect heavy rains during those months. However, the flood incident in December occurred due to several reasons.
Overused drainage systems can be a main reason for the flood to occur. In urban areas it is normal to use concrete for drainage. The drainages that are made up of concrete usually have less place for the water to sink in properly which could cause potential flood in the future. The drainages that are not structured properly also cause the drainage to block with garbage which will make the drainage overflow with water. This can be one of the reasons for the flood.
The unstable pipes can be another reason for flooding. The pipes being clogged with sewages could stop the water flow in the pipe which will cause flooding. Moreover, the high amount of sewages could bring more pressure on the pipes which will break the pipes. Hence, the pipes system is essential to prevent flooding.
How to prevent it?
Installing appropriate roofing
Metal roof is more sustainable, rough, and safe for any building which can withstand heavy rain and wind. RGS provides metal roofing for buildings which is one of their specialty. Their services includes removing old roofs and installing new roofs or adding more layers of roof on existing metal roofs. RGS guarantees a minimum 5 years of warranty of services for any sort of leaking on the metal roof.
In terms of quality, RGS uses the AZ150 Zincalume metal roof for the instalment. There are 2 types of roofs which are screw type metal roof and clip lock aka the screw-less metal roof.
Why is a metal roof beneficial?
- It will last long – The usage of metal roof will sustain for a longer time as it is capable of withstanding extreme pressure especially during rain and windy days. The roof will not break or corrupt under any pressure. There is a chance for less leaking on the roof.
- Low maintenance- Metal roofs enable more durability and it needs only little maintenance
- Quality assured – Metal roofs are very much high in quality which could absorb the solar radiant heat that will save around 25% of energy.
- Safety – It is also known for being fire resistant which could save people from any fire accidents.
- Go green – By installing metal roofs one can use a 100% recyclable roof as it is eco-friendly.
As mentioned before, many factors contribute to the overflow of water and flood with usage of the roof being one of the factors. RGS is known for providing quality metal roof installation. RGS also provides services like gutters and insulation.
For more articles: read here