Since then, the market and the world has changed dramatically, as has the skill set required by exceptional SAP Basis engineers and managers. Looking ahead to the future of SAP Basis, the skills will continue to evolve. Some of the skills on this list will take more time or even certification to master, while others can be learned quickly. Having these skills will not only make you a better employee, but they will also help you to promote the value of SAP operations. Click here to learn more on SAP training Malaysia.
Here are the skills needed by a SAP consultant:
- Managing public and hybrid multi clouds
- As more businesses migrate their SAP workloads to the cloud, understanding and managing these environments is becoming increasingly important. All of the major hyperscalers – AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure – provide their own certification courses, as do several other independent online sites.
- Because some elements of your SAP landscape will almost always remain on-premise, you can’t afford to be ignorant about the SAP automation operation of hybrid, or even multi-hybrid, SAP landscapes.
- Whatever path you take, cloud certifications will undoubtedly be a valuable asset to any IT operations function.
- Integration and management of SAP SaaS solutions
- There are usually some Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions such as Concur, Ariba, or SuccessFactors within a complex SAP landscape. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for non-SAP enterprise SaaS solutions to be integrated with your SAP systems. Investing in learning how to integrate it with your company’s core applications, as well as how to manage, govern, and secure SaaS products, is thus a highly valuable skill.
- Along with brushing up on SAP SaaS solutions, you should be able to champion SAP and the data it holds to your larger IT operations teams. ERPs are not an island, as John Appleby wrote in Diginomica.
- There are, however, specific AIOps solutions for SAP landscape management that you should investigate. According to a recent ASUG study, 64 percent of organisations intend to deploy AIOps for monitoring and analytics (59 percent), upgrades and patching (56 percent), performance management (49 percent), business process management (44 percent), audit and compliance support, and other purposes (42 percent ). To maintain your Basis skills, you should begin investigating AIOps solutions.
- ServiceNow and CMDB
- ITSM software assists infrastructure and operations teams in managing IT support services. They are commonly used to support tasks and workflow operations by IT service desks and IT service delivery functions, such as:
- Events, Incidents, Requests, Problems, and Access
- ServiceNow was named the market leader in the most recent Gartner ITSM Magic Quadrant.
- Basis automation
- Basis automation, or automated SAP operations, is not a driver of headcount reduction. On the contrary, the ability to build intelligence into your SAP operations and avoid manual activities means that Basis Admins, Engineers, and Consultants have more time to develop their own automations. Not to mention the opportunity to add more value to ITSM integrations, digital transformation, and cloud migration projects.
- To accelerate growth, Automata enables businesses to work smarter and better utilize people’s expertise and knowledge. SAP monitoring used to be a time-consuming, error-prone process. You can now automate mundane tasks with SAP monitoring automation and maintenance.